(Last Modified June 3, 2016)
The words "you" and "your" means the person whose name is printed on the Credit Card as well as anybody authorized to use the Credit Card. The words "we", "us", and "our" mean Synchrony Bank.
- Using a Credit Card in the Wallet. The Wallet allows you to make purchases using an added Credit Card wherever the Wallet is accepted. The Wallet may not be accepted at all places where your Credit Card is accepted and the Wallet may only be used when device regions are set to the United States. To add a Credit Card to the Wallet, please follow the process provided through the Wallet. You understand that not all Synchrony Bank Credit Cards are eligible to be added to the Wallet. In addition, we may not add a Credit Card to the Wallet if, for example, your account is not in good standing, if we cannot authenticate the Credit Card, or if we otherwise suspect that there may be fraud associated with the Credit Card.
- Applicable Fees. We do not charge you any fees for adding a Credit Card to the Wallet. Please consult your Cardholder Agreement for any applicable fees, interest, or other charges associated with your Credit Card. In addition, the Wallet provider or other third parties, such as wireless companies or service providers, may charge you service fees in connection with your use of your Mobile Device or the Wallet.
- We are NOT Responsible for the Use or Function of the Wallet. Apple, Samsung, Google or the applicable provider of the Wallet is solely responsible for its use and function. We are only responsible for the Credit Card. You should contact the Wallet provider's customer service if you have questions concerning how to use the Wallet or problems with the Wallet. We are not responsible for any failure of the Wallet or your inability to use a Wallet for any transaction. We are also not responsible for any loss, injury or inconvenience you suffer as a result of a merchant refusing to accept the Wallet.
- Your Responsibilities to Keep Your Credit Card Secure and Notify Us of Errors or Fraud. You agree to protect and keep confidential your Wallet (or mobile device) User ID, passwords, and all other information required for you to make purchases with your Credit Card using the Wallet. Please understand that if you share these credentials with others, they may be able to access your Wallet and make purchases with your Credit Card or obtain your personal information. Your Cardholder Agreement requires you to contact us promptly if you believe there are errors or if you suspect fraud with your Credit Card. We will resolve any potential error or fraudulent purchase in accordance with the Cardholder Agreement. But we will not be liable for any losses you incur except as specifically described in the Cardholder Agreement or as otherwise provided by law.
- Security of the Wallet. In addition to your efforts to keep your credentials secure, we take reasonable steps to help ensure that information we send to others from your use of a Credit Card in the Wallet is sent in a secure manner. However, the Wallet provider is responsible for the security of information provided to the Wallet or stored in the Wallet. Unless otherwise provided by law, we are not responsible if there is a security breach affecting any information stored in the Wallet or sent from a Wallet.
- We Can Block, Suspend, or Cancel Your Use of a Credit Card. We can block you from adding an eligible Credit Card to the Wallet, suspend your ability to use a Credit Card to make purchases using the Wallet, or cancel entirely your ability to continue to use a Credit Card in the Wallet. We may take these actions at any time and for any reason, such as if we suspect fraud with your Credit Card, if you have an overdue balance on your Credit Card account, or if applicable laws change. You may remove a Credit Card from the Wallet by following the Wallet's procedures for removal.
- Use of Your Information. The Wallet provider may use your information for different purposes than us, so please review carefully the portion their Software License Agreement relating to how the Wallet uses your information. You agree that we may exchange information about you with the Wallet provider and the applicable card network to facilitate any purchase you initiate using a Credit Card. We may also share your information to make information available to you in the Wallet about your Credit Card transactions, or to assist the Wallet provider in improving the Wallet.
- You Agree to Allow Us to Contact You Electronically. You agree to receive electronic communications from us, including emails to the email address you have provided in connection with your Credit Card account. These electronic communications may relate to your use of the Credit Card in the Wallet, in addition to information about your Credit Card account. You agree to update your email address when it changes by contacting us using the contact information in your Cardholder Agreement. You may also contact us if you wish to withdraw your consent to receive these electronic communications, but doing so will result in your inability to continue to use your Credit Card in the Wallet.
- We May Change or Assign these Terms at Any Time. We may change or assign these Terms at any time. We will provide advance notice of changes or assignment if we are required to do so under applicable laws. You agree to any such changes by continuing to keep a Credit Card in the Wallet. You cannot assign these Terms. The date of the last change to these Terms is shown at the top of these Terms. If you do not accept a change to these Terms, you must remove your Credit Card from the Wallet.
- Questions? If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about the Wallet, please contact the Wallet provider. If you have any questions, disputes, or complaints about your Credit Card, please contact us by referring to the customer service number on your Credit Card or billing statement. Any disputes concerning these Terms will be subject to the dispute resolution procedures specified in your Cardholder Agreement.